07 June 2009

Now I am living in Briarcliff

Small Town Snapshot Sunday

I really want to participate in the Small Town Snapshot Sunday so . . . now I am living in Briarcliff! I spend so much time visiting my brother in Briarcliff (near Spicewood, Texas . . . just outside Austin) that I have decided it is my second home. I visit my brother and his wife while I am conducting fieldwork in the area . . .and will spend several weekends here. Briarcliff is a village along Lake Travis and has about 1500 people in it. It is a wonderful remote part of the world where the deer are often grazing in the lawn. My actually home, where my husband resides, is in Lubbock Texas - on the High Plains - which has a population of 200,000. The deer all over the place really amazes me. They are not at all afraid of people.

It is not uncommon to see deer in the front yard . . . even with their babies


This is a deer I saw simply driving along the road
I love this area - very green and hilly and very close to the lake.

Small Town Snapshot Sunday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't deer such beautiful creatures? We see them quite often in our area, but we were in Ashland, OR this past week which is a busy little town, not out in the country. It is a college town, and we saw deer right by Main St. in someones driveway. We couldn't figure out how they'd gotten there. So neat.

Have a great week.
Frances

http://thelifeoffrances.blogspot.com

Ginny said...

Thanks Frances - deer are really beautiful. I have driven down Highway 101 just west of Ashland . . . I would love to live in Oregon!

Thanks for your comment!
Ginny

Wendy said...

Aw, what an adorable little baby! Briarcliff looks awesome. Thanks for participating. I bet you will have a lot of stuff for STSS with all your archaeology adventures! :)

poefusion said...

Ooh this is way cute. I love the picture of that baby deer and its mother. I wouldn't mind having something that beautiful at my doorstep everyday. Have a great night.