18 December 2008

Christmas at Starbucks

Today, I left Lubbock for Austin around 10am. I stopped at Starbucks, going through the drive thru, to get a soy latte and a scone. When I pulled up to the window to pay, the guy at the window tells me the person behind me wants to pay for me. A woman in a big SUV bought my coffee and scone. I was surprised. What a nice gesture. It really made my day. I plan to do something similar. I have always liked the idea of random acts of kindness. It is nice to see it in action.

Also, on my trip, in the town of Lamese, I dodged a VW bug sized tumbleweed.

Life is full of surprises.

Merry Christmas

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Ginny, this is such a cool story! I love it. Doesn't it make you want to rush right out and do something for someone? Woo!

Ginny said...

Yes - it was really a wonderful - humans can be great - moment

Shannon said...

Don't mean to toot my horn -- toot, toot. But, I do this quite often...mostly at fast food drive-thrus, but also at Wal Mart and Kroger. The feeling is so remarkable. It beats any drug!!! And it is so simple.